Monday, June 21, 2010

Here we go again

I'm Baaaaaccckkk. Does that scare you? It sure scares me. I could vow that I will post every day but that just sets me up for another failure. My goal is to post more than I have in the past.

I am gearing up for another Biggest Loser competition with our church group. I lost 25lbs last time (unfortunately I gained it all back). The clear and consistent message that I keep getting from God is to not give up on myself. I also need to write out my thoughts and share with others who are going through the same struggles. I have to stop looking at the "hows" to lose wait and start looking at the "whys" that keep me hiding behind my weight.

If we all know that eating right and exercising can lead to being healthy, why don't we do it? Is it really all about the numbers on the scale? Is that what I should be using to measure my success? Why is it that when people start noticing our weight loss that we immediately go back to eating the way we were? Is it fear? Is it fear that people will expect more out of us or worse yet, we might expect more out of ourselves if we get healthy? Is it that we don't feel worth the effort? Are we putting the needs and wants of those around us before the needs and wants of ourselves? I have so many questions and I pray that God and a good Godly group of women are going to help me find the answers.

We are trying a new approach on this go round. We are breaking up into teams so that there will be additional accountability. I have been blessed to be put into a position as a Team Captain. My prayer is that God will use me and my past (and current) weight struggles to inspire change in those on my team. I want it to be about SO MUCH MORE than losing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment