Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Team


Well the contest started last night and I think it was a great first meeting.


I now have 5 other women on my team. It will be interesting to see how God uses each of us in this process. I have started writing down what I am eating again. Counting calories don't work for some but for me it helps me to see where my issues are.


We also had a discussion last night about portion control. I didn't realize I had portion control issues until I started cooking for other people and they kept telling me that I was giving them too much food. I was like, "really??" I am a big girl and I guess I think (thought) that it takes a lot of food to get me full. I am learning though that I can eat a "normal" portion and it will satisfy me for a few more hours. I am trying the Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack idea.


Anywho...Leanna talked about portion control plates that show you on your plate what portions you should be eating. I really like the ones at slimware.com- They are the ones pictured. This isn't necessarily the pattern I prefer but it gives a good visual of what they are about. The big flower should be your vegetables, the medium flower should be starches/carbs and the small flower should be protein. If you are eating a lean protein like fish or chicken then you can use the little yellow flower too.
I love love love the idea of these plates. I hate hate hate that they aren't microwaveable. I'm gonna have to pray about this one.

1 comment:

  1. I love the plates, I think I might need some. I think they'd be a great visual for the kids to, before the habit of over eating gets too set in.

    ReplyDelete