Thursday, January 1, 2009

The beginning of the blog

I guess I will use my first post to explain how this blog came about. For most of my adult life, I have been a story teller. I have always viewed the things that have happened in my life as "just another story to tell". Many times, I have had others tell me that I should write a book because some of the stories of my life are completely unbelievable.

God has really been moving in my life and showing me things that my wounded heart couldn't see before. I have wanted to share these things with others but didn't know the best way so I thought maybe a blog would be a good idea.

When my friends Leanna, Molly and I were talking about how we need to get healthy in 2009, we decided that a biggest loser competition would be fun motivation. We needed ways to hold ourselves, and each other, accountable. Molly suggested a blog and it all just clicked. I can create a blog that will cover my journey on my walk with God, my weightloss journey and tales from the zoo that is my home.

The header picture is The Biggest Loser gals. Molly's husband (who happens to be Leanna's brother) wants to participate in the contest too. I'm okay with that but he doesn't get to be in the picture. =)

Tomorrow I'll let you know where we are starting as a group and you can track our progress along the way.

May God Bless You richly in 2009. Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment