Friday, January 2, 2009

Biggest Loser Kickoff


I have officially survived the first 2 days of The Biggest Loser competition!! In order to protect the innocent (or the hungry) I am going to list our starting weight as a group. I will be honest and admit that I take up more than 1/4 of the total.


As a group we are starting at 933 lbs. That is quite ridiculous for 4 grown adults who know better. That's okay though because we are going to take the steps necessary to correct the situation. I will update the blog every monday with the percentages that we lost so that everyone can track our progress without really knowing how much we weigh =). We will definitely appreciate any encouraging and uplifting comments that ya'll want to leave along our journey. We are still working on coming up with rewards and challenges and we don't have an overall prize yet so if you have any ideas, please let us know. As of now, we plan on having the competition until June 1st when Chris and Molly will be leaving us to move to Colorado =( .


I pray that God just keeps His hands on all of us as we try to do a better job of taking care of these bodies He gave us. I keep telling God that I'll work on doing what I know to do for the outside of me if He'll keep working on healing up the inside of me. He seems to be okay with that arrangement. Praise be to God!!


The picture above is my "BEFORE" picture. It will look really good next to my "AFTER" picture. I would like to mention that I don't appreciate people taking pictures of me while I'm sleeping (you know who you are).
Have an awesome day!!!



3 comments:

  1. okay biggest loser sistas, TODAY IS NOT A GOOD DAY! Yes that capitalization means I'M YELLING! Just feeling blah blah blah....Need to get out of the house but don't want to drive 45 minutes to get anywhere. Just wanted you to have a comment cause I HATE when no one comments on my blog! which reminds me I need to go and update. You know you can put a link on here somewhere to my blog in case anyone wanted to look. :) Hope you all are having a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is official....this is the very first blog I have ever read IN MY LIFE. I know, I know, I'm sheltered, boring and computer illiterate...but everyone already knows this. I am so happy to hear that you are all getting healthy! That was my 2009 resolution as well. I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired and, like you all, have decided to do something about it. Good luck and happy 2009! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ladies...
    Take a jar and for every pound you lose put anywhere from $1-$5 in it, for every pound you regain during your journey, take out however much you put it. It gives a visual of what you are losing, and in the end, it also gives you money to buy the new wardrobe that you will need after losing weight..

    GOOD LUCK!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete