Saturday, January 3, 2009

Out of SHAPE

So Leanna and I just went on a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood. Geesh- I am out of shape. It felt good to get out and get moving. As I was walking, I started in with my negative self talk. I was getting frustrated with myself that I have let myself get back into this condition. God gently reminded me that I needed to stop looking backward and look forward to the future that He has planned for me. I take my MP3 player with me when I go walking. I think it is good to get some good God focused music and get to stepping. It is really hard to give up on yourself when you are listening to songs that remind you how awesome our God is.

I want to thank Molly for the first comment on the blog. It was quite funny as I was just talking to Leanna about how no one has commented so I'm not sure if anyone has even looked at it yet.
It is good to know that there is at least one person!! =)

I am getting ready to go through my cookbooks and find my favorite recipes again. Maybe tomorrow I'll give you a list of my favorite cookbooks. I can tell you right now that my all time #1 favorite is Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook. Not only does it have the calorie count for everything, it also has pictures for every recipe. That's my favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment