Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

So I had my evening all figured it out- (Isn't that how it always starts). I was going to get home from work at 6 and I was going to get as much cooking done as possible before Biggest Loser started at 7. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE Biggest Loser fan so Tuesday nights are planned around my show.



I cook for 2 other people at work so it is my job to plan healthy meals for them. This is awesome for accountability because they expect me to bring a meal that is good for them. I can't just decide to eat garbage or to not take my lunch so that I can grab some fast food. It also is a great way to add a little extra income.



I usually cook the majority of the food on Sunday and put it in rubbermaid type containers so that they are good to go in the mornings but this past Sunday I was too tired to get all of the cooking done. Today was the only day I had to finish cooking the meals so I had to make Chicken Noodle Roll ups, Smoky Gouda Broccoli, Curry Chicken Cutlets and Honey Glazed Garlic Pot Roast tonight. I already knew I wasn't going to get it done before my show started but I hoped to be done in time for the weigh ins. I come in, put my stuff down, hug everyone and then I ask one of the boys to feed the dogs. Then I hear this little voice behind me that says "uhhh...we are out of dog food." Now the boys have been told a million times that if we start running low on dog food that they have to let us know so that we can make arrangements to get some more before they run out so I ask a simple question- "how much do we have left??" The voice gets a little lower.."uhhh...none and we don't have any to feed them tonight". Now would be a good time to ask for prayer for my quick temper. I only snapped for a minute then I simmered down and reminded him that he needs to tell me in advance.



So...anyways...I started cooking around 7 (after the dogs were fed) and just got done a few minutes ago. It all looked pretty good so we'll see how it tastes in the next few days. I should know by now not to make plans for the evening. My life always goes smoother when I just go with the flow. There is less chance to get frustrated this way.



I hope everyone has a fabulous night. God Bless

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate...the kids never tell me when we are low on dog food...just when Sophie is starving and needing food like right then! Frustrating! I guess that is just one of the many, many things we have to deal with as parents.

    Where's my meals???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny, Holly! I can actually see you with a quick temper, and I'm not even sure why. Hope I'm never on the wrong side of THAT!...

    Actually, 7:00-9:45, to cook 4, very involved sounding recipes is good time! Your pot roast, is that beef or pork?

    Kim and I like the Biggest Loser, as well. I wouldn't make it for a day! All that hardcore exercise would KILL me...

    ReplyDelete