Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Shack

So tonight was the first night of a comparative study of "The Shack". If you haven't had a chance to read it yet, I highly recommend it. There is a lot of controversy surrounding the book but I encourage you to read it for yourself and form your own opinion.

Most importantly- tonight was about fellowship and relationship. It's good to be vulnerable to others in the church even if someone (who shall remain nameless for now) felt the need to pinch me when I was vulnerable..you know who you are. The group at DC are the most awesome bunch of women that I've ever had the privilege to get to know. I look forward to "un"blending with them.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it's an incredible book - tonight I was sitting through information about college financial planning, ugh.
    Sorry you got pinched. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine someone knowingly "pinching" you! I'm sorry - got pinched myself this morning from another Christian sister... that's when it hurts the most. Sorry we couldn't talk more last night, the coffee appeared to be a bigger hit than I imagined, but it was so darn cold I really needed something warm. Looking forward to knowing you better, Holly! I already know you're a very special lady!

    ReplyDelete