Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Everyone on the bandwagon

A lot of people have talked to me about their weight loss journey lately. I think the blog is serving the purpose that God intended it to. It is a place where we can be honest about our struggles and support and encourage each other. I have had several people ask if they can join our biggest loser competition. The funny thing is, it isn't really much of a competition because we have no prizes..we are using it as a motivator. It is a way to hold each other accountable- it is amazing how much you think about the fact that you have to report your weight on Mondays. Sometimes it is all you need to put down that cookie you are about to eat.

Having said that- my philosophy is..the more the merrier. I am going to continue to track and post the weight loss of the original four people. I am going to encourage everyone else who is walking this journey with us to post your weight loss percentage in a comment. To figure your percentage, take the amount of weight that you lost over the previous week and divide it by the weight you weighed last week and then multiply it by 100. This will give you the percentage of weight that you lost. As an example, if you weigh 200 and then on the next weigh in you weigh 197 your calculation would look like this 3/200 = .015 x 100= 1.5%.

If it's too much work for you, you can simply send me an e-mail at holly.waugh@thermofisher.com on Mondays and I will calculate and track your weight loss on the Monday Weigh in update. I recommend that you always weigh in first thing in the morning (after any morning potty business) and weigh in as close to naked as you can get. I promise to never post anyone's weight (except my own) on this site- only percentage lost over last week and overall percentage lost. If you have been dieting for any length of time and you want to provide your starting weight, the date of first weigh in and your current weight I will reflect your total weight loss percentage in the overall totals.

Let's work together to beat this bad health once and for all.

God Bless

3 comments:

  1. God has blessed us all with you presence. I thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...here's mine...
    I started on 1/5/09, and have done well with my eating except for two days of "back-sliding" the first weekend. As of a few days ago, my percentage lost is 8.59%. My ultimate goal is 39.45% weight loss so I have quite a bit to go.

    You know I am with you, girl! We are bustin' out butts together! :)You are all are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot my info. I started 1/10 and am down 3.2% overall as of last weigh in. I weigh on Saturdays so I'll update again on your weigh in day. My goal is 39.8% Wow... when I say it that way it seems overwhelming. Sooo I'll say my goal is 5%. That seems more manageable. :)

    ReplyDelete