Sunday, January 25, 2009

Do It Anyway

There is a lesson I learned at a Women's Conference that keeps coming back to my day to day thoughts. Very often when there is something you don't want to do, you need to do it anyway simply because it's the right thing to do. Your feelings will eventually catch up to you. If you know you should go for a walk but you really don't want to, get up- tie your shoes and get to walking. About halfway through your walk, you will start to feel better and you will find yourself glad you did it. If you and friend have a disagreement and you have each walked away offended, even though everything inside of you is screaming "I'm not apologizing- I was right and I don't care if I ever talk to her again", be the one to go back and apologize for your part in the disagreement and eventually your feelings will catch up with you and you will be glad that your friendship was restored. In all things, ask yourself what God would have you do and then do it..even if your flesh doesn't want to...and eventually your feelings will catch up to you.

Tomorrow is the weigh in for this week. Several people at church have asked how it is going and so far I think I am doing pretty good. It isn't always easy. I have been craving Mexican food. I mean REALLY craving some cheesy ooey gooey goodness. I even went so far as to look at "On the Borders" nutrition information but couldn't bring myself to eat 1800 calories for a meal. To split it would still be 900 calories plus you HAVE to have chips and salsa when go to a Mexican restaurant. I found a recipe for low calorie/fat Chicken Chilaquiles, and made up some fresh guacamole and my craving has been taken care of for now. Now don't get me wrong, I know it is critically important not to deny myself food or I will be right back where I started. I got some sort of exercise on 4 days this week so that is definitely an improvement. I am finding people crawling out of the woodwork who are trying to lose weight. Everyone seems to be motivating each other and encouraging each other. I think that's pretty awesome and just another super duper way to build RELATIONSHIPS!!!

4 comments:

  1. This was just the post I needed! I struggle with this daily. I know what is "right" to do but I often choose the "easy" way. I predict you will be the BIGGEST LOSER tomorrow morning. Which you deserve with your 4 days of exercise. Virginia and I are both fighting little colds that are just exhausting enough to make me not want to exercise! Chris just gave us a quote, "pick the harder right over the easier wrong." I personally though don't think an entire box of vanilla waffers IS WRONG! okay okay yes it is......well i'm off to hydrate hydrate hydrate!!! by the way chris is running sprints up and down the hallway with the baby. She is giggling up a storm!! I'll report early in the morning our weights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you!!! good luck on the weigh in. I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you Saturday night! Was worship awesome or what?? I'm writing about a white chili that's low fat. Kimmie loves it, and while it's good, I go more for the red, beefy chili... BUT - if you're interested, the recipe DOES suppress that urge for ooey gooeyness. AND, it's very easy. Has chicken, white beans, onions, shoepeg corn, and I'm tellin' ya, it's yum....

    I bought you a bag of dried lily buds, but forgot to bring them to church... If I can make it Thursday, I'll bring the bag then. I'm sure you're just DYIN' to try the lily buds.... LOVE YOU, HOLLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny and I, even when we are stickin' to the healthy eating give ourselves one meal a week. Anything we want....ooey gooey cheesy goodness and all.

    ReplyDelete