Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF

I am so glad it's Friday. This has been a super long week. I did pretty good eating but I didn't get as much exercise as I did last week. I have had a pain shooting down my left leg for quite some time now (okay- over a year) and it's getting worse. I am pretty sure it is coming from my lower back and has to do with my sciatic nerve. I made quite a few trips to my chiropractor but I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to go to an Orthopod.

The devil has really been trying to convince me that I can't make it up the stairs for the vertical dash but I'm not giving up just yet. My new plan (which I'm going to test this weekend I hope) is to try to walk up 5 flights and then make myself rest for 30 seconds...just to catch my breath and get my air and then go up 5 more flights. I already know I'm not winning any race but I so desperately want to get all the way up. We'll see how that goes.

Our study of "The Shack" ended this week and it's made me kind of sad. I have truly enjoyed the conversations that the book provoked our group to have. Gloria did an awesome job of putting the study together and teaching it, Jeanne always had great insight and Kelli did an excellent job of filling in when everyone else caught the flu. I am blessed to be in fellowship with such a great group of ladies. I ask for continued prayer as I prepare for my testimony that is coming up. God is doing powerful things in me and I know He has plans to do powerful things through me.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Holly, you are going to conquer those stairs! I looked at the building as I was driving through downtown earlier this week, and I thought about what a great visual reminder it is going to be for us regarding our accomplishments. Your blog has been an encouragement this week!

    ReplyDelete