Sunday, February 22, 2009

Forgot how to count

Time is getting away from me. It just occurred to me tonight that there are less than 2 weeks before the "Vertical Dash for Diabetes". Leanna just informed me the other day that she won't be able to do the Dash with me- she has a class at church that day that she forgot about. I figured I better get to training a little harder. I went up to hospital tonight to walk their stairs. My goal was to do 24 flights. My last record was 15. I thought that I had done 36 flights (which is 2 more than I need for the challenge) but I realized on the drive home that I don't know how to multiply. I did 6 floors and then I went to let Leanna know I was there. She was working on the 6th floor tonight. It's good to let a nurse know when you are planning on killing yourself while climbing stairs. I then went down to the ground floor and came back up to the 7th floor twice. I was huffing and puffing pretty hard (I really wish I would never have smoked) so I went into the waiting room and got a glass of water. I then went down to the ground and came back up again. For some reason I had it my head that I had done 36 flights...but alas..I had only done 30. STILL A VICTORY!!. It took me 55 minutes to do 30 flights but I chatted with Leanna for a while and I took more time then usual between rounds. The good news is that I know I will not die by doing the challenge. You would be surprised at how much better that makes me feel.

I want to thank everyone who has donated to the cause already- If you haven't had a chance yet but still wanted to you can go to this link to donate https://secure2.merchantcart.net/KCSportsPublic/main.cfm/Vertical%202009/81DC9BDB52D04DC20036DBD8313ED055/?do=teamwebpage&pid=4370

The next events down the road are the Trolley Run (which I will be doing with Team Jeriah) on 4/26 and the Hillcrest Transitional Housing 5k (which I will be doing on the Desperation Walkers w/out walls team- Marilyn Humphrey Team Captain). Both of these are good causes and I encourage everyone to get involved in some way. I am sure that you will be hearing me talk more about these (or begging for money) as the events get closer.

Weigh in is tomorrow- anything but a gain is success.

3 comments:

  1. WOO HOO you go with your last chance workout last night!!!! I'm so proud of you and your stair climbing! I got on the stair maste at the gym the other day and did 6 minutes and I thought I was going to die. Just like how I'm losing weight slow and steady applies to climbing stairs too!
    We haven't forgotten about sending some dough your way for the vertical dash. I'll get the master o'money onto that! I can't wait to hear more about the upcoming races you are doing. I'm a sucker for a 5k!! (especially if there is a t-shirt involved!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly if your goal was 24 flights then you surpassed that with flying colors! Good for you! I know that you are going to do this and impress not only the rest of us, but most importantly, yourself! you go!!!!

    so I don't have to wait for 10pm I'll post my numbers here. :)

    I finally reached my goal of saying good bye to the 200s!!! WaaaaaHoooooo!!! It's been a LONG time since I saw a 1 as the first number on the scale. so my numbers are as follows: this week -4... 1.97%; overall -17... 7.87%

    Thanks Holly for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Hillcrest plug! The t-shirts the past two years have been really cool - tie-dyed by a volunteer - so Molly will definitely have to come. Hopefully, Leanna will give you all of her money for the vertical dash!

    ReplyDelete