Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why oh WHY!!!

This post tonight is totally random but it's my blog and if I want to be random...it's my right..LOL.

Why oh why does "The Biggest Loser" insist on making the women go up on the scale in their sports bras? Now..I understand that they make the men go up on the scale with no shirts on but they get to wear their shirts the whole rest of the time. The other thing that I don't understand is why when they get to the end of the season, everyone starts weighing in with T-shirts on. Is there some value added by seeing all of their flab?

On another note..without giving anything away for those who haven't seen it but still want to...I was soo glad tonight that one of the players who had been at home for the last 3o days started crying when they only lost 15lbs. It reminded me that while I can get inspiration and exercise ideas from "The Biggest Loser"..the amount of weight that they are losing is not at all realistic. Even Bob said..losing weight is a full time job for those on the ranch and those that went home couldn't compare themselves to those who had been there the whole time. Furthermore, Jillian reminded the person who lost 15lbs that they had lost 1/2 lb a day for the 30 days they were home. That made me start thinking about my own weight loss. In the 32 days that I have been dieting I lost 13 lbs. That is not quite 1/2 a lb a day but pretty dang close. Sometimes it just helps to put it back in perspective.

I am glad that God is using this blog to bless others. This journey will be long and it won't be without it's bumps and bruises but it is soooo critically important that we don't give up. Not on ourselves and not on each other. Not if we eat pizza, not if we don't work out, not for nothing!!!

Love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay maybe we aren't getting the whole picture of Joelle but PERSONALLY I think she has gotten a bad rap on the show. I know I know she's a little spacy and little immature for her age but I don't like people attacking people and making out like Carla is getting a bad rap by being partnered with Joelle, uh she picked her. Didn't she know how she was before the show? I just think there are ways to talk to people where you still get your point across and aren't an A** about it.
    I mean what was up with what's her name with the 5 kids stepping up and trying to act all high and mighty WHEN SHE ONLY LOST 2 POUNDS in a month!! Doesn't she think she was letting her partner down and she's lucky to be back on the show. So she stepped it up when she got back to the ranch, but she sure wasn't stepping it up at home.
    Okay Okay enough rambling from me. I did like the fact that the trainers also concurred that the results on the show aren't realistic for real life and that losing weight in the real world is HARD.
    And as always remember this week to TURN IT UP!
    God loves you and so do I,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly I think 13 lbs in a month is AWESOME!!! considering "they" say the safest loss is about 1 lb a week you are above the curve. Of course I'm sure you wouldn't be happy with 1 lb a week, nor would I, but still. you get my point. Keep it up! And thank you for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, once again you made me laugh out loud!! Every time I watch the show, I wonder the same thing... why in the WORLD they subject those poor women to exposing themselves so vividly, I simply can NOT figure out. PERSONALLY, I hate to look in the mirror, let alone show millions across the nation my big ol' fat booty, boobs, etc...

    P.S. My sisters and I were rather plump when we were young (imagine THAT..) and Daddy would not allow us to call each other "fat." We would get a spanking for calling each other "fat" faster than anything, honestly. And to this DAY, each time I say the word around my dad, he ALWAYS reprimands me, and a couple weeks ago, he even said, "Vic, you know you're not supposed to say that word..." SO NO "FAT" - we're just curvy, and volumptuous.... pleasantly plump.... LOVE YOU! So funny...

    ReplyDelete