Wednesday, March 4, 2009

11 years ago today

I would like to take a pause from weight loss talk today and talk about something that is on my heart. Today is the 11th anniversary of the day I lost my brother to a fatal car accident. It was also the day that forever changed my life. God turned that tragedy into so much good and for that I am grateful. I think if I had the chance to talk to him today - he would have a lot to say to me. I imagine him telling me that I need to stop thinking so little of myself. I imagine him saying that while I'm not doing a "perfect" job of raising his son- I am doing the best that I can. I imagine him being proud of my integrity and my character and proud of how I try to lift up others. I imagine him telling me to forgive the people in my life who have hurt me because the bitterness is only keeping me from being free. These anniversaries seem to come quicker now and thankfully they are a lot less painful. It is amazing how God can heal up wounds that you never thought would heal. If you don't mind- I would like to share some pictures of him with you.

This is my favorite baby picture of him


Apparently this was my brother's birthday


This was sooo totally in the 70's. This one of many pictures of me without my 3 front teeth. That's a story for another day.



Yes- I've always been a little crazy



Bob's Senior Picture

This is the last picture we have of Bob and his son Josh together. This was taken at Christmas- Bob died a little over 2 months later.
I always miss him but I know that I'll see him again someday!!
Thanks for letting me share him with you!!


4 comments:

  1. Holly--I know your brother would be so very proud of you and of Josh. He would be telling you how very special you are and how much you mean to him and to so many others around you. He would be so happy to hear how you are living for God. I know you miss your brother so much, but you are right--you will see him again someday, and be able to hug him and tell him all about your life and Josh's. Until then, you will continue to make him proud! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly.. i feel like it was yesterday.. when would go hang out with your brother.. i miss him .. he was such a good man.. gone to soon in this life.. but he is in a safe place now.. and i love seeing the pics you have treasured of him and you.. love ya girlie.. i am thinking of you and josh.. and june..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us something and someone that is so dear to you. I have no doubt that he would be and is very proud of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing such a personal and painful part of your life. He looks so much like you. Please listen to your heart when you hear Bob telling you that you are worth it and stop being hard on yourself. He's a wise angel.

    ReplyDelete