Saturday, March 7, 2009

Testimony

I'm sorry that it's been so long since I've posted. I have been just a wee bit busy. I haven't had time to think about a diet this week or exercise for that matter. Thursday night was my testimony night and it was the most incredible experience ever. God MOVED in an awesome way not only in my heart but in the hearts of others.
I have to admit that standing in front of a group of strangers and telling them your business is not an easy thing to do. I was pretty sick to my stomach up until the moment I sat down on the stage. Then God just took over. I still held my breath...and I still felt like people were judging me but God also allowed me to see into the hearts of those he wanted me to speak to. I think when we are led to tell our stories- it is a healing process. Healing for us..and healing for others who need to know that they are not alone in what they are going through.
I was explaining to a friend the other night that sometimes sharing your story doesn't mean that you have to stand up in front of a huge group...sometimes it's as simple as listening to God when he tells you that this person or that person needs to hear your story. You start sharing parts of you on an individual basis. That opens God up to start working in you. I think we all have dark little corners of ourselves that we try to hide from the world but the problem is...the devil hides in the dark little places. Thursday night was like opening my heart and exposing it ALL to the light so that there is no place left for the devil!! I highly recommend it!!
The women at my church are the most awesome group of ladies that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I don't really know all of them but I love them just the same. The amazing hugs and words of encouragement after I was done talking made my heart weep with joy- (and Kay sitting on the stage laughing her butt off over me having to deal with a hug line made me laugh- and want to smack her). God has already shown me several people who needed to hear what I had to say...and I would do it all again even if it was only one person!!
Stay tuned for Vertical Dash info tomorrow...just waiting on all the results. I didn't write them all down like Marilyn did. =)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your testimony - sounds like it was just as difficult as the vertical dash, just in a more internal, emotional way. So glad you were able to open up and give God a way to continue His awesome work in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! It was a pretty darn funny show to watch...you having to hug all those ladies! I love to just sit back and observe. You know you love me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete