Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A brand new start

As many of you know, God has had us on a whirlwind ride to a new chapter in our life.  We are currently living in the LaQuinta in Lake Mary, Fl while we wait for everything on our new house to be figured out.  I'm not sure why God chose this path for us but we are going to do our best to carry out His will.

I have been frequently reminded, over the past two months, about the message that I gave at the women's retreat.  I have decided that God puts most messages on our hearts because WE need them, not because others do.  Things have gone incredibly well in our endeavor.  Our house sold on day one at full asking price. A position came open at a hospital right down the street, and within 4 days Leanna was contacted, interviewed, and offered the position.  These things don't happen folks.  Somewhere along the way, my expectations got ahead of God's will and I started getting irritated at any slow down.  I was totally missing the blessing.  Instead of being so overwhelmed by God's goodness, I was upset that I wasn't getting my way in all things.

I have a friend who has had her house on the market over a year.  I have a friend whose cousin was just diagnosed with Leukemia.  I have several friends whose Moms are battling cancer just after losing their Dads to the same disease.  I have friends who are struggling daily to make their marriages work.  I have so many friends who are hurting.  Who the heck am I to complain about living in a hotel for a couple of weeks??

May we be those today, who think on the positive things in our life.  Think of the blessings that have been bestowed upon us.  Pray for those who are hurting, or better yet, come along side of them and help them through.

No comments:

Post a Comment