Wednesday, June 4, 2014

No More Texting

This is what God said to me about a year ago.  I was in a class where we were talking about praying without ceasing and being in constant fellowship with the Lord.  I kept thinking to myself, "I do a pretty good job of this."  A few days later, I could feel the nudge of God in my heart.  I could feel Him saying, "Do you Holly, do you really do a good job of staying in constant fellowship with me?"  God then made it very clear to me that while I take numerous times throughout the day to talk to Him, that isn't what He really wants.  He showed me that what I was doing was "texting" Him.  Something good would happen and I'd fire off a text, "thank you Lord for showing up, You're AWESOME."  Or perhaps I had a friend confide in me about something, I'd fire off a "Lord, please keep watch over my friend."  I think God really likes that I think to bring things to him throughout the day but He showed me that what He really wants is quality time.  I pushed back and said, "God, I'm so busy with things that I feel You've called me to do, I'm giving You the best that I've got!"  In that convicting way (you know...with Love) God spoke to my heart and said, "you've got a 37 mile commute, don't you think you could talk to me then."  Since that day, I turn the radio off every morning on my way to work and just talk to my Father.  Sometimes we ride in silence.  I used to feel guilty for not talking but I found that often, in the silence, God just comforts my soul.

Think about the time that you are giving to the Lord.  Are you resting in Him?  Are you in true fellowship with the one who loves you most?

No comments:

Post a Comment