Monday, May 2, 2016

Just Enough to Keep Going

First of all.....I GOT MY BLOG BACK!!   I am so happy, I can hardly stand it.  There were things about the other blog that I really liked but one thing I didn't like was that people couldn't just sign up to get an email whenever I posted.  I will try to move the things I wrote on the new platform back over here so if you get bombarded with e-mails, I'm sorry (not sorry).  A huge thanks to a friend who went above and beyond to help me get my access back.  He knows who he is.

I just returned from an amazing week on the beach.  We were blessed to rent a condo last year and went ahead and booked it again for the same week this year.  When life is crazy and everything seems to be uncertain, there is something soul healing about having a no-agenda vacation with just God and the waves.  The first day was pretty frustrating as we walked along the beach.  I would see beautiful shells but couldn't bend down to pick them up.  I am still on no bending, twisting, or lifting restriction for another month or so.  Leanna got me hooked up on day two and made sure that I had my shell scoop with me at all times.  She also willingly carried the beach bag, chairs, umbrella, and everything else that was needed for our days in the sun.

As I am still recovering from spine surgery, I would get worn out pretty easily.  There was one moment where I had been shell hunting in one particular spot for a while.  We were looking for one particular type of spiral shell and we weren't finding them very fast.  I was getting tired and kept thinking about quitting and going to sit down but every time I would start thinking this way, I would find a few spirals in my scoop.  I would pull the spirals out of the scoop full of broken shells and then put my scoop back in for more.  I would then go on a stretch of not finding any.  As soon as I felt like giving up again, more spirals would appear.  I thought to myself, these spiral shells keep coming just when I have decided to go sit down.  In that moment, I could hear the Lord whisper to my spirit, "And so it shall be with Me too."  He made it clear to me that no matter what He calls me to do - no matter how tired or frustrated I become- He will give me just enough to keep going.  I just have to be willing to keep dipping into the Water.


I don't know about you but I have a history of pulling away from God when things start getting rough. I get caught up in the emotion and stress of it all.  Don't get me wrong, I know that He is the source of all that I need but I start to lose faith.  If I'm honest, I start to think that I'm not worthy of Him.   I don't spend as much time in that frame of mind as I used to as I've learned that this is exactly what the devil wants.  He wants me to get caught up in the circumstances of my life.  The devil doesn't want me spending time in the Word, or spending time in prayer.  He doesn't want my spirit to be reminded of all that God promises for my life.

When we are exhausted and frustrated, may we be those who will continue to keep dipping into the Living Water who will refresh our soul and give us just enough hope to keep going.

1 comment:

  1. Again, so so good!! Thank you for being faithful to keep sending these out! They are a blessing to me and help keep my focus on Him instead of the "stuff" that is life!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete