Friday, January 23, 2009

Best Car Dealership in Town

I received a call from a friend this morning. I had promised her a long time ago to go car shopping with her and she was cashing in on that promise. Her car completely died this morning never to move again. She wanted a Honda and I told her that I would help her but she had to promise me that she wouldn't tell anyone I helped her with a HONDA. We are a General Motors family...Chevy all the way baby!!!! and if you can't do GM you better dang well buy American but I digress. So anyway..we went to Jay Wolfe Honda to look at a Honda Fit. I took the opportunity on the drive there to explain my stereotypical theory on how to deal with car salesmen. They invariably hide information from you, won't tell you your interest rate - just payment information, and they push hard to sell you a bunch of stuff that you don't need.

Jay Wolfe Honda did NOT do these things. Kris (I'm not sure of his last name but it starts with a P) was the best car salesman I have ever met. He just shot it straight to you, he was very friendly, he wasn't pushy at all and he was just super nice. The credit app was filled out and within 5 minutes they were back saying the credit was excellent, here's your APR, our finance guy will be right with you. Of course the finance guy had to do his job so he went through all of the extended warranty information, life insurance, gap insurance..blah blah blah. He just went through them and did not pressure at all when we said we didn't want it. We were in the door, out for a 15 minute test drive, loan approved, papers signed, and out the door in about 2 hours. That is UNHEARD OF!! I asked the finance guy if they had a GM dealership and he told me no. I told him that was too bad because I would buy all of my cars from them.

So if you ever find yourself in need of a Honda (which I am not condoning---Chevy..woohooo) I recommend Jay Wolfe Honda at 103rd and State Line!!

On a different note, I got 3 afternoon walks in this week and a plan for a little more this weekend and I am looking forward to monday's weigh in. As always, my prayers are with all of you who are struggling right along with me!!!! God Bless

2 comments:

  1. I don't 100% agree with this. We bought a Honda from them and they were very hard-sell with the warranty crap, and they offered us a LOT less than blue book on our trade. The financing rate is pretty terrible, too. We'd be more aggressive with them next time because they make pretty good money in less visible ways.

    ReplyDelete