Sunday, January 4, 2009

Excited about Cleaning the Kitchen


I have never been as excited about cleaning the kitchen as I was today. For those of you who know me, you know that I love to cook. I have been trying to bring in a little extra money so I cook lunches for 2 other girls at work. They don't like to cook so it works out nicely for me. It's just easy to cook for 5 as it is for 3. The great thing about cooking for them is that they get to be my new recipes Guinea Pigs. Now that I am back on track and eating healthy- I have had to break out my old "dieter's" cookbooks. I was shocked at how many healthy cookbooks I had. As I said yesterday, the Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's cookbook is the best but there are so many great ones out there. My favorite website to find new recipes is Allrecipes.com. I have added the link to the right. They have a Healthy Cooking section and the nutritional information is provided for almost every recipe. I also like it because I take the recipes that I find in cooking light or Kraftfoods and type them in. This puts all of my errant recipes in one place.

While it is super duper exciting to discover cookbooks that you forgot you had - this is not the reason I was excited to clean the kitchen. My brand new set of cookware should be here tomorrow. I have been looking for new cookware for the past 3 months. I started out really wanting the Racheal Ray cookset but I decided that it just didn't make sense to spend $199 on pots and pans. They have had Paula Deen's cookware on sale but I didn't like the color. =) I finally decided that I could live with my 6 year old T-Fal (that the boys have scratched the nonstick coating off of). Then when we were in Nebraska talking about getting healthy in 2009, Chris and Molly found Racheal Ray on sale at Kohls. It wasn't the hard anodized kind, it was the bright orange but I didn't care. I wanted some Racheal Ray cookware. I got really excited to go shopping (I don't like to shop) and wouldn't you know it-- NO RACHEAL RAY!! (capitalization is to emphasize my frustration). I started to get upset but decided it just wasn't meant to be. When I got back home, I decided to google Racheal Ray Cookware just to see what would come up. Wouldn't you know it Amazon.com had my Racheal Ray cookware (and not the bright orange kind) on sale for $139. I still thought it was too much for me to be spending then I remembered my dear Grandparents had sent me $100 for Christmas. I decided I was WORTH IT!!! I have been tossing out T-Fal all day!! wooohooo. It's really too bad that nobody reads this blog because I sure would like to use my new pots and pans to make dinner for some people.

Have an awesome week!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I just read through all of this. I think this is so cool!! You guys are awesome and I know you're gonna reach your goals. I'll be praying for you while you're on this journey. You will come out stronger on the other side. I'll make sure and check in here every week and see how things are going. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I am so excited for you. I can remember when we bought our cookware set. Everything matched and we were like, "Wow we are so grown up!" And since I read and COMMENT then I think I should get some food out of that new cookware. If I were you I would dig back through the garbage and get out some of the old t-fal to keep on hand when the boys decide they want to cook something. Let them continue to scratch that up and not your new stuff. I'll send you my weigh in info. on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely read your blog...especially the part where you said you wanted to cook for someone using your new pots and pans...feel free to cook for me anytime!!! I never have time to cook anymore with our crazy schedules, so I would be more than happy to "let" you do it for me! I know it would make you feel so much better. :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm reading -- and you can cook for me, too. :) I think it has been five years since I have seen you!

    ReplyDelete