Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Goals

I am not sure if anyone will even read this since it's been so long since I've posted anything. I was just sitting here reflecting on the past year and all of the ups and downs that came along with it. I was thinking about resolutions and how I hate making them but I realized that I needed to set a few goals.

I am part of a group at church called WE Weight. We are just a group of ladies who are trying to get healthy. We talk about the things we did right in the past few weeks and the areas that we need some help. One of the coordinators talked a month or 2 ago about setting goals. I have been determined to set small goals that will help me to get to my large goal that seems overwhelming. As I look at 2010, I dont' want to set any resolutions but I sure need to set some goals.

#1. To increase the speed in my chase after God.
#2. To increase the speed of a 5K from 58 minutes to 40 minutes
#3. To complete a 1/2 marathon.
#4. To look at food as fuel more often than not
#5. To fly on an airplane without needing a seatbelt extension
#6. To spend more time thinking about things I am thankful for
#7. To spend less time being angry about things that I cannot control
#8. To give less control of my life to emotions and more control to God.
#9. To raise at least $500 for SMA
#10. To pay off all outstanding medical bills
#11. To decrease the balance on all credit cards by at least 50% (this includes paying off some to decrease the overall balance)
#12. Take a family vacation to Colorado which would include a hike up the "ascent" trail just to see if I can make it.
#13. Go to Cancun for a much needed beach break (only after 10 and 11 are complete)
#14. Love myself more
#15. Love God and Love Others

These are just the 15 that come to mind right now. I am posting them here so that ya'll can help hold me accountable. I also hope to post more here as it helps me to see what God is doing in my life.

I pray that every one who reads this will have a blessed 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back at this! It helps keep you accountable. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete