Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Enjoying Exercise?? Who knew

I really think that God has a sense of humor. I have been praying for God to light a fire in my heart or better yet..in my feet to get motivated for exercise. I went to Panera for dinner and had a Turkey Artichoke sandwich that was scrumdillyicious. The boys were at church so I took my time to enjoy my sandwich and some soup. I took my "The Shack" comparative study booklet and took "The Shack" and read through the 3 chapters we are covering tomorrow to refresh my memory. THIS IS SUCH A GOOD BOOK. Panera closes at 8 (which does not make ANY sense to me) so I went ahead and drove back to the church. I knew I was going to get there early so I figured I would put the seat back and take a little siesta. God had OTHER plans. I could almost hear him saying "you could walk laps"- "you could walk laps"- "you could walk laps" over and over again. I finally just chuckled and got out of the truck, tied up my shoes, put my Ipod in and started walking. At first..I was just singing along to the music (Bob from the Biggest Loser says that singing while you exercise increases the aerobic benefit). The next thing you know..I am praying away and God is speaking straight into my heart. This is very rare for me (the hearing-not the praying) and I can count on one hand the number of times that I knew that I knew it was God. Don't get me wrong, there are times that I know He has acted in my life, times that I know He has had other people speak into my life, times where the same thought keeps coming to my mind...but this was almost audible and God and I had a real conversation tonight. I caught myself laughing out loud and asking him things that I've always wanted to know about certain situations in my life. He didn't always answer the questions, but it sure felt good to ask them.

God can do so much good if we will just follow his leadings. I almost shutter to think about the awesome experience I would have missed tonight if I would have simply laid back my seat and took a nap.

2 comments:

  1. that is awesome. Everything happens for a reason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just tell you again how much I love your blog - when I read it, it feels like we have a chat every day even when it's been weeks. Keep up the great work - you are an inspiration and it's wonderful to see God moving in such incredible ways in your life!

    ReplyDelete