Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just Can't Get Enough


Okay...so no deep thoughts today. God has done a lot of moving in my heart today but I'll have to mull it over before I can share it with you. I want to thank all of you that have responded to the blog in the past few days by posting comments or e-mailing me personally. It has been very encouraging!!!



So I am experiencing a problem with my diet that I never thought I would have. I am having a hard time eating enough food. I know I know..that is a silly thing to complain about but I am really struggling. Your body requires so many calories to just live. I set my calories at 1900 because that seemed like a lot. I am not sure that it is high enough but even at that I am having a hard time getting to 1900. I am eating 3 meals a day and having something like 8 snacks but I am still hungry. I think this is a good thing because I haven't really felt hungry in a very long time. I am learning to listen to my body and feed it when it's hungry but a girl can only eat so many times a day. GEESH!!. So I have decided that it is portions. I have been trying to follow the recommended serving size on the label which for "normal" people would be enough food but not for someone my size. Hey..it takes a lot of energy to heft this weight around. So I have decided that I need to increase my portion sizes so that the meal energy lasts longer and then I won't need as many snacks along the way. I'll let you know how that works out for me.


I have been blessed so far that I haven't had any wild cravings but I know when they hit, I just need to eat a small portion to satiate the craving and then get on with it. I had Greek Chicken Pasta for lunch today. You can find it on Allrecipes.com. Have I mentioned that I love that site. If anyone else knows of a good recipe site, please let us know. We need all the help we can get.


I pray that those of you who are on a weight loss journey stay encouraged tomorrow. WE CAN DO THIS!!! WE ARE WORTH IT!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are making me freakin' hungry! I can eat all day long, but that's one of the reasons why I am the size that I am. Slight food problem there. Sigh.
    And yes, Holly, you are worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just an FYI, smaller meals and more snacks will give you a steadier metabolism...and help you lose more in the long run. :)

    Really everyone would be better off if they grazed like toddlers, on healthy food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Holly! Have you considered going to a 2000 calorie diet? Then once you've lost more weight you can go back to the 1900. Also, I believe more satisfying foods, steak, fish, something more substantive, makes me feel fuller.

    I've struggled with my weight my entire life, and am well aware of the frustrations and discouragement that occurs while dieting... so good luck with your endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My main thing is getting over "having" to eat at certain time/or during certain events. I used to talk to one of my girlfriends pretty late at night on the phone after both our husbands left for work...they both work the night shift and that seemed to be the only time we could talk....but I would eat then. It has been a hard habit to break as it was always just tradition...she would call and I would get a big something to eat (sometimes a whole entire meal). Or eating more by the clock...oh my it is noon I better fix lunch even though I am not hungry...it is "time".
    I looked online when I started my plan to figure out how many calories I needed...not sure of website but they are out there. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Holly. As a fellow weight watcher, I've been inspired by your blog. Congratulations on your success this week, and thank you for being so open. I must confess that I have "cookware envy", but I think you might covet my knife set. I might have to check out that cookbook too.

    ReplyDelete